Boost your immune system to fight against coronavirus
You need Boost your Immune System to fight again pandemic like COVID-19. A broad network of cells and tissues directed to defend our bodies against viruses, bacteria, germs, parasites, etc. is known as the immune system. The immune system keeps us going in the world of bacteria, viruses, and parasites which are always trying to inflict our health.
Different people have different levels of immunity, provided the environment they are living in. People having a strong immune system have a higher tendency to combat pathogens, while those having weak immune systems are more vulnerable.
As a matter of fact, the prevailing outbreak “Covid-19” also infects those who have a weak immune system. Therefore, it is suggested to keep the immune system strong in order for it to combat such deadly viruses.
Let’s dive into knowing the possibilities by which the immune system can be boosted.
How to boost immune system using Herbs
You can boost your immune system with the help of Herbs. There are a lot of herbs that could be found in different parts of the world, which are helpful in boosting the immune system. Some of these herbs are enlisted here:
- Echinacea: Immune stimulant
- Also known as purple cornflower, found in moist prairies, meadows and open woods of the central to the southeastern United States.
- They are immune stimulators.
- They enhance natural killer cell production in the body.
- Astragalus: Deep immune booster
- It has anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties, it is widely used in Chinese medicine.
- It has the ability to boost immunity.
- Medicinal Mushrooms: immune modulators and anti-viral
- Cordyceps; a kind of medical mushroom is helpful in immune modulation. They are very close to the respiratory system and act as a bronchodilator.
- Elderberry: an immune modulator and anti-viral
- Prevalent in northern China, Mongolia, and Korea. This is a deep purple berry herb and protects against fungus, bacteria, and microbes.
- Garlic: Penicillin for underprivileged
- Garlic is found in almost every region.
- They are supportive of the cardiovascular system.
- They are also powerful antimicrobial and lever protectors.
- Bitters: a composition of herbs along with alcohol as a preservative
- Gather the herbs and fuse them in an alcoholic preservative.
How to boost your immune system naturally
If you are not fond of using herbs, you can boost your immune system naturally too.
Sort out your sleeping pattern
One way suggested by physicians to boost the immune system is to get enough sleep. You must focus on improving your sleeping patterns. The adults must sleep for 7 hours a day, the teenagers must take around 8 to 10 hours daily while the children must observe up to 14 hours of sleep daily.
Eat More whole Plant Food
Fruits, vegetables, pulses, seeds, nuts, etc. comes under the category of whole plant food. They are the carriers of nutrients and antioxidants. Whole plant food can provide strength to your immune system. Also, they are healthy food and do not have any negative effects on health.
use Healthy Fats
- Olive oil and salmon contain healthy fats.
- They are helpful in:
- Boosting the immune system
- Make it more responsive against pathogens.
- Resistance against chronic diseases
Control Sugar Level
- Controlled sugar levels help in keeping the heart and other cardiovascular organs healthy. Also, the diabetic level stays in safe limits.
- While the increased sugar levels have serious effects on your health. High consumption of sugar causes obesity. Obesity and being overweight increases the probability of getting sick.
- The most probable diseases that could be caused by higher consumption of sugar are Diabetes and heart diseases. Ultimately, these diseases affect the immune system. Hence, it is suggested to control the consumption of sugar.
Perform Exercise Regularly
- This is the most common way of staying healthy for prolonged ages. Exercise helps to boost your immune system. It is suggested to perform the exercise in the open air.
- One thing must be kept in mind that prolonged exercises may also affect your health therefore, it is suggested to keep the exercise moderate.
- You need to lose weight naturally, so Exercise is very important to keep yourself fit.
Don’t get stressed
Stress is the most common issue these days in a fast-paced environment. People get stressed from their daily routines due to an unhealthy working environment and heavy workloads. Increased stress causes anxiety and leads to obsessive-compulsive disorder. These factors affect the immune system. Therefore, it is suggested to stay on top of the stress.
We must drink enough water daily. Although dehydration does not directly affect the immune system, yet it causes headaches, affects digestion as well as cardiac functions. These factors pile up to affect the overall immune system. Hence, it is suggested to stay hydrated to keep the immune system healthy.