Difference Between Healthy Food and Junk Food
People have connected taste to junk food, whenever they crave for something appetizing, spicy, yummy, and mouth-watering the first option that comes to their minds is junk food which is commonly named as fast food. Their preference to eat totally junk food over healthy food is so dangerous that it can put someone’s health at risk. Junk food acts as a slow poison whose results can be long-lasting and even life-threatening by causing severe diseases such as diabetes, cancer, obesity, diseases of the liver, and many more. Healthy food and junk food are always a topic of debate between the young generation and our elders. According to survey research, on an average basis 84.4 million adults eat fast food in one day among which young men are mostly its consumers.
Humans’ main source of energy is food which is vital for their survival, but ever you think about what will happen if the source of your survival becomes the reason for your demise? Almost every person knows how dangerous fast food is but we are so used to it that it has become our lifestyle. People feel pride in eating junk food, taking snaps, and sharing it on social media. Social media has completely changed the mindset of people through catchy advertisements to attract people to their businesses of fast food cruelly.
For the very first time in 1902, when the fast-food chain started in the United States its main concept was to fulfill the needs of regular travelers who travel on daily basis and the workers who work in offices. Just because fast food is easy to make and relatively cheap in rates to buy, people prefer junk food. To differentiate healthy food and junk food we have gathered some differences between them which are as follows:
Differences Between Healthy Food and Junk Food
- Junk means waste, the name “junk food” clearly indicates the value of these foods for your body clearly showing useless for your body. While healthy food means food full of nutrients required for your best health.
- Foods with a higher percentage of unsaturated fats are considered healthier food. Foods such as nuts, fatty fish, and certain oils like sunflower oil, and olive oil contain highly unsaturated fats and are healthier in nature. while those with a higher percentage of saturated fats are threatening. Foods like ice cream, burgers, ghee, chocolates, cheese, etc. are considered unhealthy due to their high concentration of saturated fats.
- Junk foods are full of calories and when the calories enter your body through junk food the calories merge with the already present fat cells and cause obesity. Calories are not always bad to have because a certain level of calories are needed on daily basis for the proper functioning of the body. Suggested calories for women are from 1600 to 2400 and for men, they are 2000 to 3000 in one day. Healthy food is enough to fulfill the calorie requirements of the body as they contain a maintained number of calories.
- Healthy foods contain a high amount of essential nutrients while on the other hand junk food lacks basic nutrients which are minerals, vitamins, and fibers.
- If we talk about the difference between healthy and junk food on the aspect of taste, here the junk food wins. Junk foods are tastier than healthy ones. The reason behind their taste are the fat and sugar in them whose taste trigger us to eat them.
- Here on one more aspect the junk food takes the win against healthy food is the consumption of time during the preparation of food. These days everyone is busy with their matters and wanted to save their time which junk food is offering. Junk food can be cooked easily and in a few minutes. While healthy foods take time to be cooked.
- Junk food has the qualities of addiction that’s why the young generation is getting more addicted to them and there is the absence of addiction qualities in the healthy foods.
- Healthy food keeps the body and mind healthy. The mind and body function properly and keep you active all the due to the essential nutrients in them. But in the case of junk food, they cause tiredness and low motivation to do your daily tasks because of the fats and sugar which reduces the sugar level in the blood whose common name is glucose.
- Junk foods that are fried in more fats are worst for the cholesterol level in the body while the healthy foods are usually less fried in fats and are usually boiled.
- You must have noticed that you only enjoy junk food till you are eating them after that a feeling of uneasiness starts, your stomach starts to irritate you and you starts to feel uneasy. On the other hand, healthy food digest easily and make you feel energize.
A list of junk food and healthy food is given below for you to distinguish between them easily.
|Junk Foods||Healthy Foods|
|Fried cheese sticks||Olive oil|
Excess of anything is bad, the same is the case with your diet so a balanced diet routine should be followed. Junk foods are the poison that you are taking every day with your own hands just to save time, money, and for sake of taste. Prioritize your health over anything, you must have listened to the famous saying “Health is Wealth”. If you are not healthy your time, your is of no use and even you will hate the taste of appetizing junk foods. Not every fast food is junk food because some fast foods are also healthy, try to differentiate between them. If your cravings for fast food or junk food are not in control then make sure you select the best quality place whom you trust. If you eat junk food once in a month or in 2 to 3 weeks then the situation will be under control.