Top 10 Supplements to Boost the Immune System
Are you keen on stimulating your body’s defenses against pathogens i.e. your immune system?
Focusing on a few key areas will help you keep your immune system healthy. One way to boost your immune system is to use supplements. This article lists the top 10 supplements that can assist in boosting your immune system.
Supplements could be divided into various categories. HiTrueCare lists Top 10 supplements to boost the immunity system.
Top 10 Supplements – Amazon Best Sellers
Vitamin D is a fat-soluble nutrient essential to the health and functioning of your immune system.
Vitamin D stimulates the pathogen-combating ability of monocytes and macrophages. These are the white blood cells that play a vital role in your immune system. They help in decreasing inflammation, which helps promote the immune response.
How to know Vitamin D deficiency?
The following symptoms suggest the deficiency of Vitamin-D in the human body:
- Respiratory infections
- Getting sick or infected often
- Fatigue and Tiredness
- Bone and Back pain
- Depression – anxiety – stress
- Slow wound healing
- Muscle pain
Healthy levels of this vitamin may help lower your risk of respiratory infections.
- Premium Vitamin D3 Gummies – Powerful Vitamin D Gummies to Support Healthy Bones, Mood & Immune System – 2000 IU of Vitamin D3 per Serving – 60 D3 Gummies
- Vitamin D (Cholecalciferol)
- Glucose syrup
- Citric acid
- Sodium citrate
- Natural flavors
- Natural colors
- Coconut oil
- Carnauba wax
Most people turn straight to vitamin C after they’ve caught a cold. That’s because it helps build up your immune system. Vitamin C is thought to increase the production of white blood cells, which are vital in fighting infections.
Almost all citrus fruits are high in vitamin C.Popular citrus fruits include:
- Lemons limes
The recommended dose of vitamin-C per day is:
- 75 mg for women and 90 mg for men
- If you opt for supplements, avoid taking more than 2,000 milligrams (mg) a day.
It is to be noted that Vitamin-C is not a solution to eliminate the prevailing fatal virus, i.e., SARS-CoV-2.
- Solaray Super Bio C Buffered Vitamin C w/Bioflavonoids | Timed-Release Formula for All-Day Immune Support | Gentle Digestion | 125 Servings, 250 CT
- Vitamin C (as Ascorbic Acid, Rose Hips, Acerola Cherry)
- Bioflavonoid Concentrate (from Lemon)
- Rutin Concentrate
- Hesperidin Concentrate
- Citrus Pectin
- Vegetable Cellulose Capsule
- Magnesium Stearate
- Stearic Acid
- Buffering Base (Calcium Carbonate and Magnesium Oxide).
Zinc is a mineral that’s commonly added to supplements and other healthcare products like tablets that are meant to boost your immune system. This is because zinc is essential for an immune system function.
Zinc is needed for immune cell development and communication and plays a vital role in the inflammatory response.
Supplementing with zinc can help to cure respiratory tract infections and reduce the duration of these infections.
- Pure Encapsulations – Zinc 15 – Zinc Picolinate (15 mg.) Highly Absorbable Hypoallergenic Supplement for Immune Support
- Each serving size (1 vegetarian capsule) contains Zinc (as zinc picolinate) 15 mg.
- Hypoallergenic plant fiber (cellulose)
- vegetarian capsule (cellulose, water).
As a dietary supplement, take 1 capsule, 1-2 times daily, with a meal or as prescribed by the physician.
Vitamin B complex is essential to keep your immune system healthy. It is suggested to take vitamin B complex as a supplement regularly as part of your daily diet (you can quickly get your daily intake from fortified cereals) or in a multivitamin.
- Amazon Elements B Complex, High Potency, 83% Whole Food Cultured, Supports Immune and Normal Energy Metabolism, Vegan, 65 Capsules, 2 month supply
- It contains 8 vitamin B collectively:
- Thiamin, Riboflavin, Niacin, B-6, Folate, B-12, Biotin, and Pantothenic acid
- No artificial colors, flavors, or chemical preservatives
- 83% of the ingredients are extracted from whole foods
Research shows that an adequate amount of probiotics, if taken regularly, plays a vital role in keeping your health in good condition. It also helps in boosting your immune system.
Probiotics boost your immune system by stimulating the cell activity in your body. More specifically, supplementation with various probiotics can help to:
- Stimulate protective responses from intestinal epithelial cells.
- Enhance natural immunity by stimulating the activity of Natural killer cells in the spleen.
- Increase the production of immunity-enhancing proteins in connective tissues.
- Renew Life Adult Probiotics 30 Billion CFU Guaranteed, 12 Strains, For Men & Women, Shelf Stable, Gluten Dairy & Soy Free, 30 Capsules, Ultimate Flora Extra Care
- Bifidobacterium lactis
- Bifidobacterium bifidum
- Bifidobacterium longum
- Bifidobacterium breve
- Lactobacillus acidophilus
- Lactobacillus paracasei
- Lactobacillus bulgaricus
- Lactobacillus rhamnosus
- Lactobacillus salivarius
- Microcrystalline cellulose
- Gellan gum
Melatonin is a hormone produced by the pineal gland. Its primary function is to facilitate sleep. In addition to its regulatory effects on sleep, melatonin is also a powerful antioxidant that helps regulate the immune system.
This has been evidenced by studies showing that:
- Melatonin injections led to significant increases in the numbers of macrophage cells.
- Supplementation with melatonin led to increases in NK cells in the bone marrow.
- Treatment with melatonin stimulated innate immune cell activity.
Since melatonin enhances sleeping patterns, it further improves its value as an immune-boosting supplement. This is because getting sufficient sleep is one of the best ways to support immune health naturally.
- NOW Supplements, Melatonin 5 mg, Free Radical Scavenger, Healthy Sleep Cycle, 180 Veg Capsules
- 5 mg melatonin – per 1 Veg Capsule
- Vegetable polysaccharide
- Magnesium stearate
It is an orange-yellow spice extracted from the turmeric plant. It is a powerful antioxidant with several health benefits. Traditionally known for its beneficial effects on the body’s inflammatory response. More specifically, research shows that curcumin can support cardiovascular health, brain function, mental health, and immune system function.
Supplementation with curcumin can:
- Enhance the responses of antibodies
- Promote the immune response of lymphocytes (white blood cells)
- Increase B cell production in the intestines
- Solgar Full Spectrum Curcumin Liquid Extract, 90 Softgels – Faster Absorption – Brain, Joint & Immune Health – Long Lasting Support – Non-GMO, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free – 90 Servings
- Full-spectrum Curcumin (Polysorbate 80-emulsifier)
- Turmeric extract (Curcuma Longa)
- Vegetable glycerin
Omega-3s promotes immune health by stimulating the functions of both natural and specialized immune cells. For example, DHA (docosahexaenoic acid) and EPA (eicosapentaenoic acid) can stimulate the activities of macrophage cells. These cells play a critical role in the body’s natural immune defense by capturing pathogens and eliminating them. Omega-3s also promote innate immune function by increasing the number and phagocytic capacity of neutrophil cells. Studies also show that EPA and DHA can enhance specialized immune function by improving the growth of T cells and increasing the number of B cell populations in different tissues.
- Daily Gummy Multivitamin Adult: Vitamin C, D3, & Zinc for Immunity, Omega 3 Fish Oil, B6 & Methyl B12 for Energy, Iodine, Choline, Vitamin E by Smartypants (180 counts, 30 Day Supply)
- Organic Cane Sugar
- Organic Tapioca Syrup
- Citric Acid
- Natural Flavors
- Colors Added (Organic Black Carrot Juice Concentrate, Organic Turmeric)
- Omega 3 Fish Oil
- For adults, take 6 gummies daily or as prescribed by the physician.
Licorice contains many substances, including Glycyrrhizin, that can help protect against viral infections and Improves respiratory systems. Also, Glycyrrhizin supports healthy immune function. Research shows that Glycyrrhizin manifests antiviral activity against severe acute respiratory syndrome-related coronavirus (SARS-CoV).
- Host Defense, MycoShield Licorice Root Spray, Immune Support, Mushroom Supplement with Turkey Tail, Reishi and Chaga, Vegan, Organic, 1 oz (71 Servings)
- 5 mushroom blend of Agarikon, Reishi, Chaga, Turkey Tail, and Birch Polypore
- Fresh Agarikon (Fomitopsis officinalis) mycelium extract
- Fresh Reishi (Ganoderma lucidum s.l.) mycelium extract
- Fresh Chaga (Inonotus obliquus) mycelium extract
- Fresh Birch Polypore (Piptoporus betulinus) mycelium extract
- Fresh Turkey Tails (Trametes Versicolor) mycelium extract
- Alcohol (25-35%)
- Myceliated brown rice.
Selenium is a mineral that helps in combating viral infections such as bird flu and swine flu. It is a powerful antioxidant and can boost immune function. Selenium has been studied for the treatment of dozens of conditions. They include asthma, arthritis, dandruff, infertility, etc.
- Solaray Selenium 200, Yeast-Free 200mcg | Healthy Immune, Thyroid Function, Antioxidant Support | High Absorption Formula | Vegan & Non-GMO | 90ct
- Whole rice concentrate (including the bran, germ, and polishings)
- Gelatin capsule
- Magnesium stearate.
- Take one VegCap daily with a meal or glass of water or use as prescribed by a physician.
Related Article: Boost your immune system to fight against Covid-19
As evident from scientific researches, the supplements enlisted in this article can offer immune-boosting properties
There are many supplements available in the market that can help to boost the immune system. The supplements that we have included in this article are highly suggested by the research community to boost the immune system.
Despite the benefits these supplements offer for boosting immunity, they should not be used as a replacement for a healthy lifestyle. Maintaining a balanced diet, getting enough sleep, engaging in regular physical activity, and avoiding bad habits of smoking and drinking are some of the most important ways to help keep your immune system healthy and reduce your chances of infection and disease.